1. dip = fall slightly and then quickly recover
Go down and back up
2. plummet = plunge
Go down very fast
3. fall and level off = drop followed by a period of stability
Down then straight
4. soar = rocket
Go up very fast
5. hit a peak = reach a high
to go to the highest point
6. fluctuate = be erratic
Go up and down a lot
7. hit a low = reach one’s lowest point
To go to the lowest point
8. rise gradually = increase slowly but surely
Go up slowly
9. remain flat/stable = stabilize
10. fall gradually = decrease steadily
Go down slowly
Verb to Noun
ex: Book purchases increased gradually over the year.
-> There was a gradual rise in purchases over the year.
This is words to describe graphs.